Saturday, June 4, 2011

Product Review!

Mimiccreme is a non-dairy, almond and cashew-based cream alternative. I came across their line of products in one our local health food stores, and indulged in the hazelnut biscotti coffee creamer ($4.49/473ml) as well as the unsweetened creamer ($6.29/946ml) for cooking with.

My thoughts on the coffee creamer: pretty good. Considering price per volume, it's actually not much more expensive than other soy-based or even dairy coffee creamers. And it's less sweet than flavored coffee creamers, although I still have to cut it with a little plain soy coffee creamer - I don't like my coffee too sweet. Don't be put off by how thick it is, the creamer blends into coffee quite well. If you leave your coffee sitting for a bit like I sometimes do, it settles a little on the bottom, but blends right back up if you give it a stir!

I have yet to try the unsweetened creamer bought to cook with, although I suspect the consistency is going to produce very nice results. What I do like about these products is at least they offer unsweetened options. I don't indulge in packaged goods too often, but when I do buy something special I want the flexibility to choose unsweetened so that I have control over the quantity of sugar in my recipes. All in all, I would buy these products again. Stock up on a few when you can, and use them for recipes where you need to add some kind of cream alternative. For best value, plan out a few meals that will use up the whole container rather than having it spoil in the fridge.

Check it out! Go to Mimiccreme website...

No comments:

Post a Comment